Enroll in a gym membership in Omaha. Eat better and use a nutrition plan. Go to a different workout class. Reach your optimal weight.
We’ve all done it. It’s a new year, and we choose personal resolutions. Then we abandon them in a month. Why does this take place?
1. Make Fitness Goals, Not Resolutions
Resolutions are a firm intention to do or not do an action. On account of this, they’re absolute and might be discouraging.
Goals are the intention of your drive, an aspiration or a favorable outcome. They appear less formidable—and more achieveable.
What if you approach 2020 with the outlook of making attainable goals, as an alternative to making unattainable resolutions? Reviewing your thought process and being more forgiving to yourself is the first step toward growth.
2. Create SMART Fitness Goals
Your goals for the year might incorporate:
- Professional—receiving a promotion in your career.
- Health—beginning a strength training schedule.
- Personal—reading extra books.
Now that you’ve set your goals, how do you stay determined to achieving them?
SMART goals encourage you to meet milestones and celebrate achievements during the process.
How Do You Write a SMART Goal?
SMART stands for specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-based. They’re distinct but not overwhelming.
Individual SMART goals could be:
- Read for 20 minutes before you go to bed each night this week.
- Eat greens at every meal this week.
- Go for walks after dinner daily this week.
Setting SMART goals will stop you from feeling overwhelmed by what you want to reach.
3. Share Your Fitness Goals with a Family Member
Be certain to share your goals with someone! Keeping an accountability partner can assist you in staying with your goal during the process.
4. Sign Up for a Free Week at FXB Omaha
Set to finally achieve your fitness goals now?
Choosing (and meeting) goals is just one piece of the healthy lifestyle we develop at Farrell's eXtreme Bodyshaping Omaha. Sign up for a free week and learn how we can help you meet your goals.