Let’s be honest, nutrition is one of the hardest changes our Farrell's eXtreme Bodyshaping - Omaha - Midtown members experience, but it’s also the most rewarding. Healthy eating in general has become more confusing and more ridiculous as new diets and trends are regularly emerging.
Diets don’t work. Why? Because most diets focus on limiting something, like calories, carbs, or fat. Not only is this unhealthy, but also unrealistic. Our bodies are machines that need to be fueled correctly to function properly. Depriving your body of important nutrients is harmful to both your physical and mental health. In addition, research determined that only 1% of people who diet by themselves actually get rid of their excess weight, and more often, gain it all back and sometimes more.
Good nutrition is an important part of our program. Since our original 10-week challenge in 2001, Farrell's eXtreme Bodyshaping has had the same method when it comes to nutrition—keeping it easy! It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle change in food choices.
How we eat, what we eat, and the “ingredients” put into our food have substantially changed over the years. We show our members how to make healthy choices and give them the tools and resources to meet their goals.
So, what makes Farrell's eXtreme Bodyshaping nutrition program unique?
- Food is fuel. This is the most important part of our nutrition program. Many people use food as an escape, a friend, or an indulgence. While it’s nice to splurge every once in a while, it’s become the norm in our society creating an epidemic of obesity. Our members are trained that food is fuel for our bodies and should be treated in that fashion. Nothing more.
- We don’t count calories! Whew! Finally, a nutrition program that doesn’t keep a tally of calories! We don’t concentrate on calories because numerous foods have empty calories. Also, a food may be higher in calories, but have a higher fiber content and carb/protein ratio, which is more substantial than the calories.
- The right formula. We follow a specific formula to figure out your carb/protein ratio for each meal based on your body composition. This helps you know how many carbs and how much protein you should be eating to fuel your body until your next meal or snack, enabling your body to stay in “burn mode” as opposed to “store mode.” We also teach about good and bad fat. We need to consume good fat as it provides needed nutrients and vitamins we can’t get from any other source.
- Eat less, but more often! Over the course of three hours after we eat, food is released into our blood stream—known as blood sugar or your glycemic index. If too much fuel is taken in, our bodies go into “store mode” turning extra sugars into fat. Too little and we start to starve our muscles. Our members have smaller, proportioned meals every three hours to top off the tank, so to speak, to keep their body in “burn mode.”
- Fun Day. This is what makes our nutrition program sensible. Farrell's eXtreme Bodyshaping Fun Day is one day during the week (usually Sunday) where our members are encouraged to celebrate their week’s successes. This is when they have those indulgences. You can eat what and how much you want on your Fun Day, as long as you give your Level 10 during the week with your workouts and nutrition plan!
- Water. Our bodies are mostly composed of water, so drinking adequate water is essential to our complete health. Water keeps our body and muscles hydrated, as well as helps relieve muscle soreness. Our members strive to drink at least 10 glasses of water each day. Drinking a glass of water before eating will help fill you up faster, allowing you to keep portions in control.
So, you could spend a lot of money on fad diets, certain meals that tally points, recording calories or cutting every delicious food from your meals.
Or for a fraction of the cost of a diet plan alone, you could sign up for Farrell's eXtreme Bodyshaping next 10-week session and find out how to live a healthy lifestyle and eat everyday, good-tasting food! You’ll learn how to eat healthy and participate in intense workouts that burn fat, build muscle, and increase your confidence and energy.
Find a location to find out more about our comprehensive program and to enroll! You won’t believe how much you can transform in just 10 weeks with Farrell’s.
FYI—You can eat bread each day with the Farrell's eXtreme Bodyshaping program too!